Edo Community Foundation, is a non-profit organization established in 2019 in Benin-City, Edo state. The Foundation was created for the sole purpose of sustaining our cultural heritage. Having a rich cultural heritage, we believe everyone has a role to play in preserving and promoting Edo state as well as making it a tourist destination.
We work to sustain the welfare of the Aged/old less privileged people without pension, offering support and opportunities to enable them have a meaningful life. Edo Community Foundation focuses on issues that affect older people in Edo state such as Health, poor living conditions. Due to economic dependency, elderly people without pension suffer the most. Also, elderly people are vulnerable to disabilities, dementia and other physical and mental ailments. In Promoting and development of an environmentally friendly tourist destination, we believe it is in our best interest to support the state (Edo state) we all depend on, so that communities, travelers and businesses can prosper.AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
- Establishing a program to create help for the old people that has no pension
- Developing an infrastructure and providing recreation facilities for communities, visitors and residents.
- Establishing a development program consistent with the cultural, social, and economic philosophy of the EDO community and the nation in general.
- To create awareness on the extent to which tourism contributes to changes in value systems, individual behavior, family relationships, collective life styles, moral conduct, creative expressions, traditional ceremonies and community organization.
- To promote international cooperation among experts in the identification, study and solution of legal, administrative and financial issues in connection with the recognition, protection, maintenance and conservation of monuments in EDO State.
- To repair broken monuments in the state and neighboring communities.
- Encouraging further studies and development in training and education in subjects related to heritage conservation.
- Developing scientific cooperation by creating links with schools, centers, committees and international organizations involved in conservation training and education.
- To support National Park in Edo State in order to boost tourism.
IGUE 2019 FESTIVAL CELEBRATION
HOTELS & APARTMENTS IN EDO STATE